Bodhi Tree of Enlightenment
Why Choose Us?
From War to Peace turns weapons meant to destroy us into art meant to restore us, swords into plowshares, bombs into beauty, hate into love, & war into peace. We recycle copper from disarmed nuclear weapon systems to create a remarkable alloy called Peace BronzeTM, from which we cast stunning jewelry and art for those who share our commitment to a world without war.
From War to Peace is a green company. We recycle everything, making the old newly useful. Our Peace BronzeTM is made from exclusively recycled material. Even our silver and gold dipped pieces are created entirely from recycled metals. Our packaging is made from 100% recycled materials, our labels are printed with soy-based inks, and all plastics we use are biodegradable.
From War to Peace is a uniquely American company. The copper we use was originally mined in Montana, then used as the cabling that carried launch codes to Minuteman III Nuclear Missiles in the American midwest. Thanks to disarmament and recycling, that copper now helps launch peace in the 21st Century. All findings (chain, cord, hooks, etc.) we use are made in America.
20% of From War to Peace profits are dedicated to peace and social justice organizations committed to transforming our world.
Bodhi Tree of Enlightenment
- Item No.
- $44.95 - $69.95
- Our price:
- You save
Prices vary by options selected.
The Tree of Enlightenment The Bodhi Tree was a large and very old Sacred Fig tree (Ficus religiosa), under which Siddhartha Gautama, the spiritual teacher later known as Buddha, achieved enlightenment, or Bodhi. The Bodhi tree is recognizable by its lovely heart-shaped leaves, and is usually planted in close proximity to every Buddhist monastery. Those who follow the Dharma (Buddhist teachings), greet each other by saying, "Budu saranai," which means: "May the peace of the Buddha be yours."
- Cast from Peace Bronze - A unique allow made from recycled nuclear weapon systems; Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- 20% of From War to Peace profits are dedicated to peace and social justice organizations committed to transforming our world.
- Our packaging is created using recycled and biodegradable materials.
- Pendant measures 2 3/4" x 2" and weighs 30 grams.
- Our stunning iridescent finish lends a beautiful and wholly unique colorful luster to each piece. No two are alike. Unlike our iridescent jewelry, our iridescent ornaments do not receive a protective coating to preserve the finish. This is because any coating applied would diminish the intensity of the iridescent finish. Prone to change over time, the iridescent finish can be preserved longer by avoiding exposure to skin oils as these will affect the finish. When you do handle the ornament, it is best to wear gloves or to use a handkerchief or cloth.