The peace symbol jewelry offered by From War to Peace is the first time in history that the Peace Symbol of nuclear disarmament is actually created from disarmed and recycled nuclear weapons. Created in 1958 for the Committee for Nuclear Disarmament in Great Britain, it has become the universal symbol of peace, embraced and understood in every culture. It is a combination of the semaphores for the letters "N" and "D", standing for "Nuclear Disarmament."
- Cast from Peace Bronze - A unique alloy made from recycled nuclear weapon systems; Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- 20% of From War to Peace profits are dedicated to peace and social justice organizations committed to transforming our world.
- Our packaging is created using recycled and biodegradable materials.
- Ornament measures 2 1/2" in diameter and weighs 19 grams.
- Our stunning iridescent finish lends a beautiful and wholly unique colorful luster to each piece. No two are alike. Unlike our iridescent jewelry, our iridescent ornaments do not receive a protective coating to preserve the finish. This is because any coating applied would diminish the intensity of the iridescent finish. Prone to change over time, the iridescent finish can be preserved longer by avoiding exposure to skin oils as these will affect the finish. When you do handle the ornament, it is best to wear gloves or to use a handkerchief or cloth.