The word "menorah" is Hebrew for "lamp." The Hanukkah menorah (מנורת חנוכה) is a nine-branched candelabrum lit during the eight-day holiday of Hanukkah. The ninth holder, called the shamash (meaning "helper" or "servant"), is for a candle used to light all other candles and/or to be used as an extra light. The menorah is one of the primary symbols of Jewish ceremonial art. The first Menorah referred to in the Bible is the seven-branched candlestick constructed for and used in the Mishkan, the Temple set up by the Jewish People in the Wilderness, after their Exodus from Egypt.
- Cast from Peace Bronze - A unique allow made from recycled nuclear weapon systems; Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- 20% of From War to Peace profits are dedicated to peace and social justice organizations committed to transforming our world.
- Our packaging is created using recycled and biodegradable materials.
- Our gold-dipped and silver-dipped jewelry is cast from Peace Bronze, and plated using recycled precious metals.
- Our rolo chains are made from brass and plated with gold or silver. They contain no nickel and they are manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Pendant measures 1 1/8" x 1 1/8" and weighs 4 grams.